Saturday, May 26, 2012

On to 1st Grade.....

Well, Cali (and I) survived her 1st year of school. Hard to believe that it is over with. I have to admit that it was quite a difficult adjustment for me! I really feel that I was FINALLY getting used to Cali being in school all day and now it's over! She really enjoyed her first year and all the friends she made. Highlights of the year (out of the mouth of Cali): 1. Best thing about Mrs. Bounds A: She was a really nice teacher and wore pretty black heels every day 2. Best friend A: Carley 3. Favorite thing to do in school A: Recess 4. Favorite field trip A: Kilgus Farm 5. What she liked the least A: School lunches (let's get real, she ate a school lunch 1 time all year. In fact, she was probably the only Kindergardner who ate out more than she did at school. I'm guessing on average she was taken out to lunch once a week. Ridiculous, I know) Hard to believe I'm going to have a 1st grader next year! She has grown up (and learned SO MUCH) this past year! As for Mr. Noah.... Well, he is as crazy as every. I was laying the punks down the other night and asked both him and Cal what they want to be when they grow up. Cali immediately states that she want to be a rich billionaire. Noah doesn't miss a beat and replies that he can't decide between a transformer and a pickle. Don't worry. The next night he comforted me by letting me know that it is "definitely a pitle (pickle). I love pitles. I could eat myself". Thank God he is cute. Oh, and he is sweet. So, so sweet. In fact, he is quick to throw out all sorts of compliments. The other day he informed me that I was beautiful. Not "very beautiful, but beautiful". He's a little keeper if you ask me :) Other happenings in the kiddos lives... 1. Cali is in softball this year. She is doing great with it, but lacks the...how do I say it...ok, she doesn't like it. I'm trying to practice with her, but she is TOTALLY uninterested. She would much rather pick weeds in the garden. 2. Speaking of the garden....I have my VERY FIRST GARDEN this year! I have one for fruits and one for veggies (they are both about 150x25). The kids have absolutely LOVED picking weeks, watering it, and harvesting the vegetables. 3. Cali does not have a boyfriend. But she keeps telling me that she thinks she needs one to chase around, make him like her, and then ditch him for someone else who is fun (don't worry, I'm enrolling her in therapy :) 4. Noah has no plans for the summer (or so he informed me). He plans on relaxing (and picking on yissy) all summer. Well, I could go on and on about the happenings in our lives since my last post (afterall, that was 6 months ago), but I don't have the time or energy to do so (and Cali and Noah are doing the "spider" on the swing as I type and I'm fairly certain it will not end well for one or both, so I should probably wrap this up.I'm really going to try and put an effort into updating this more so I can look back in 20 years and remember how crazy my punks were :)

No comments:

Post a Comment